Monday, November 18, 2013

Bodda Getta

Let's recap on what we accomplished this "fall" and I say fall loosely because, well, technically its not over BUT we are about to enter into a new holiday season AND I can not wait!!


I may or may not have been a little overambitious with this bucket list, but hey why not aim high in creating experiences and memories with your loved ones.....that's what this is all about anyway!

Visit Pumpkin Path: Success and you can ready all about it here.

Go to Zoo: Fail, but I am hoping we make a trip before it gets too cold. This is one of our favorite date spots and we have yet to take Camden.

Carve Pumpkins: Technically we didn't do this as a family, but I did do it with my first graders and they LOVED every second of it! For some of them it was the first time they have ever felt the inside of a pumpkin.

Go on a Nature Trail/ Hike: I hiked across Auburn's campus twice this year, does that count?? We were lucky enough to attend two games: Auburn vs. Ole Miss and Auburn vs. Georgia. AND let me tell you I have never experienced anything like the Georgia game in my life, it was an incredible experience, I will NEVER forget it.  There are few things in this world that compare to game day on the plains! If you have never been you should go, I love my team but even more than that I love the atmosphere.  There is nothing like singing your favorite cheer with 87,000 of your closest friends.
Bodda Getta
Bodda Getta, Bodda Getta, Bodda Getta, Bah...
Rah, Rah, Rah, Sis Boom Bah
Weagle, Weagle
WAR DAMN EAGLE
Kick 'Em In The Butt
Big Blue. HEY!

Drink PSL: Done and Done!

Jump in a Pile of Leaves: Well there wasn't any "jumping" this year but Camden looked pretty cute laying in them for a mini photo shoot!

Bake Pumpkins Seeds: Since we didn't ever carve our own pumpkins, we didn't get to bake the pumpkin seeds. Which totally sucks because it's one of my FAVORITE fall snacks! I am tempted to go get one of the pumpkins on our front porch and cut it open just to get the seeds....How long does it take for a pumpkin to go bad?!?!

Eat s'mores: We totally had them a couple of times. I love this quick dessert. I even make them in my oven some times....just set it to broil, pop a couple marshmallows on wax paper, and wait for them to brown....nom, nom, nom.

Trick-or-Treat: Since our little super man wasn't old enough to go door to door he helped me hand out candy. He loved seeing all the sparkly costumes and all of trick-or-treaters loved seeing him. Have I mentioned how much fun it is to hand out candy. It's almost better than Christmas morning.

=Watch Scary Movie: Let me just start off by saying, I am not a scary movie fan. My husband is a scary movie fan. SOO I watch scary movies like this....oh and popcorn is a must to keep me busy. This is how I looked a couples of weekends ago when we went over to a friends house to watch The Conjuring....also our friends LOVE scary movies and like to tell me "true" facts about this movie....which just makes it worse when I am home in my bed!







8/10 isn't too bad, hopefully next year we will continue to be able to make memories that will last Camden a lifetime...now onto to CHRISTMAS. I am already humming Christmas carols in my head!!





No comments: