Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New York: Day Three

Day three wasn't as eventfully for me...I was forced to stay in the hotel room during the morning (due to some spotting) while the family went and ventured to the Brooklyn Bridge. Luckily my sweet family did something I had already seen. AND the last time I was on the Brooklyn Bridge I hit my head on the ONLY call box on the whole bridge...so I wasn't too sad that I missed it. Here is Day One and Day Two recaps, if you wanna know what went down.

Around 10ish the famjam came and picked me up, then we headed to the Shake Shack (Caitlin's pick) for lunch.
After lunch we headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art...this was such a surreal experience. When they say you can't do they whole museum in a day....they really mean you can't do they whole museum in a week. There is so much to see AND you want to see all of it. I would go back to New York just to spend another day in this place. IT WAS AMAZING...We were feet away from mummies, beautiful statues and priceless pieces of art including Picasso, Van Gogh, Pollock, Rembrandt, Warhol, Degas, and Monet.  AHH it was Simply Wonderful!!!!


We literally spent the rest of the day walking around the MET. By 5:30 we were exhausted and felt like we have walked a million miles. BUT we had one more must-stop before heading home, Two Little Red Hens. AKA the best cupcakes in New York, and they were soo good.

Day Three was by far one of my favorite days, even though it wasn't jammed back, it was an awesome experience! 

No comments: