Thursday, June 6, 2013

New York: Day One

Ah I LOVE New York, I've had the opportunity to go twice in my lifetime. Once when I was a senior in high school and once last week. My mom, dad, sister, and I traveled to New York for a belated senior trip for my sister, Caitlin. It was just as magical this time, as the first time I went! If you have never been, it needs to be on your bucket list!

Our first day was jam packed....it started bright and early Sunday morning. We had to be at the airport EARLY to catch our flight to LaGuardia. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Not only is flying A LOT faster than driving BUT I just happen to be on the right side of plane when we were flying in, so I got an amazing view of New York!!
If you look closely you can see the Statue of Liberty

Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge
After we landed we look a cab to our hotel, checked in, and got settled! We stayed at the Marriott on the East Side. It was a great location with awesome places to eat with-in a short walking distance, plus there was a metro station only two blocks away!! I forgot to take a picture, so I borrowed this one from Goggle
Front of the Marriott
Once we were settled in, we walked around to see what was close to the hotel. Although we had been to New York before we needed to get a grip on exactly where we were. 
During our exploring we discovered we were only a couple of blocks down from Grand Central. (Sorry about the quality of the remaining photos, they were taken by my iphone, since we were just exploring I didn't lug around my big camera). 

Grand Central Station
After Grand Central, we had lunch a Junior's which is a must....you MUST eat their cheesecake. Their food is decent but what Junior's is known for, is their amazing cheesecake...sadly I didn't get a pictures of ours because we devoured it with 5 minutes!!

After a late lunch we headed back to the hotel and maybe took a short nap ( I can't remember) and then got ready for the Mets vs. Braves games!
Incredibly patient puppy outside the stadium.
Hello Citi Field...Home of the Mets!


This was a really good game, sadly the Braves lost in the ninth inning. They won the TWO nights before!! Don't worry thought we still enjoyed out peanuts and hotdogs!

After the game, we headed to see Times Square. Caitlin wanted to see it at night....it was midnight at this point! This pregnant lady was exhausted...sooo this is the only picture I got. Times Square is overwhelming at any time of the day though...pretty but overwhelming.


Whew! We made it through day one...now only four more days to go! Hope y'all enjoy!


No comments: