This was my favorite day of the trip because it was so relaxing! Corey and I just spend some quality time together and BONUS Corey planned the whole day.
Yes, when your husband says he is going to plan a day of vacation, you take full advantage of it.....because it NEVER happens.
The hardest part: letting go of control, relaxing, and not nagging about every detail.
So I had no idea what was in store for us on Saturday, but I was just trying rolling with it. And Corey wouldn't tell me what we were doing...he wanted to surprise me...it's sweet if you're not a control freak, like me.
Soooo we woke up Saturday morning about 9:30 (that's the latest we have slept in, in a LONG time), showered, and headed out on the town.
Where were we going.....THE ZOO. If you know anything about me you know that I LOVE the zoo. So this was pretty up there on the awesome surprise list!!
It is one of my favorite dates and I can go anytime/anywhere....and stay all day long. I have been to five zoos in my lifetime (that I can remember) the Nashville Zoo, the Washington Zoo, the Birmingham Zoo, the Montgomery Zoo, and Animal Kingdom at Disney (it totally counts as a zoo).
But this was my first time at the Atlanta Zoo and let me say it totally kicks all the other zoos booty.....besides Disney and Washington (because I can't remember that one well).
The Atlanta Zoo is amazing, it so shaded and relaxing, and it has convenient bathrooms (a plus for the pregnant lady). They have some awesome animals too; they have lions, tigers, bears, pandas (1 of 3 zoos in the USA), gorillas, giraffes, and many more! Craziest part about the zoo, I ran into one of the first graders!
The pandas were my favorite part!
The panda on the right might be pregnant,they won't know until she has the baby. How crazy is that!?
Corey and I just hanging out with the panda....literally. We spent a LONG time in their area.
Corey's favorite part of the zoo was the reptiles...they had a lot of poisonous ones. He even had me take pictures of their names, so he could Google them when when got home. Yup, I married a nerd.
Once we left the zoo, we walked around downtown for a little while. It was probably around two, so we grab a snack....by this point my back and feet were killing me, it was time for a rest stop! We stopped at Hooters....classy right. Their food is actually pretty good and Corey wanted a beer (it was Corey's first time going to Hooters). So we ordered some fried pickles, wings, a couple of beers for Corey, and water for me. Sat and talked for an hour or us while watching the A-Day games and NBA playoffs. Then headed back to our hotel. It may not sound to exciting, but it was prefect for us. Spending quality time together, just talking, without any distraction. That's something you can't beat.
While Corey got to sip on beers, I got to eat lots and lots of cotton candy!
After we had cleaned up we headed to dinner, this time it was simple. A picnic in the park....well that was the plan anyway. Centennial Park was right across the street from our hotel, to bad the wind was blowing like a crazy person. We ended up taking our food back to our room and eating a "picnic" in bed. The rest of the evening we enjoyed the jacuzzi tub while lounging around in the AMAZING hotel robes. I wish I could have taken one home with me, they were amazing!!
The End.
That pretty much sums up our babymoon. We had a great time in one of our favorite cities AND we can't wait to go back. On our way home we were already planning our next trip there, but next time as a family of three!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment