Friday, December 28, 2012

Chicken Salad

Now there are a lot of chicken salad recipes out there, and this is no where near the best. BUT this is a pretty basic/simple recipe that you can build on and make your own. (Sorry about the picture quality, they were all taken with my iPhone.)

I began with 3 raw chicken breast.  The first thing you need to do is bring a pot of water to a simmer (just a few bubbles), make sure you have enough water in your pot to cover all of the chicken. You will simmer your chicken for about 20-25 minutes depending on their thickness.

While your chicken is cooking you can prepare your other ingredients. This time I used celery, green onion, green grapes, purple grapes, almonds, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.


I love celery, so I chopped 3 stalks up and left them pretty chunky.

 Next green onion, I am not a huge fan of these so I chopped them pretty fine but I did use the whole onion....white parts and green parts

Next I sliced my green grapes and red grapes in half...I forgot to capture that step
 Once my chicken had cooled a little I put all three breast into my stand mixer and mixed it on medium...
 Until the chicken was shredded pretty fine.
 Once my chicken was pulled apart, I added about a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (feel free to add as little or as much as you like). Then the rest of the ingredients (onions, celery, grapes, almonds, salt and pepper). Just keep tasting until it taste perfect to you! 
 This is the fun part add whatever you want, because its YOUR chicken salad. You could add dill, rosemary, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, spicy mustard, paprika....whatever your heart desires.
Cool, Eat, and Enjoy!

No comments: