Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Engagement Encounters Weekend

This past weekend Corey and I attend an engagement retreat...

I am Catholic, and like most little girls I have dreamed of getting married in my church since before I can remember. One of the requirements to get married in our church is to attend some kind of marriage preparation course. Corey and I choose to attend a catholic engagement encounters weekend. And it was amazing! I mean it's not what you think of as fun, but we got so much out of it! I would definitely recommend this weekend to other engaged couples. The weekend involves a lot of dialog between you and your fiance about all kinds of topics like communication, children, religion, and money. The nice thing about this weekend is that it is all about you and your fiance. We had two married couples giving "talks" about each topic and then we got the chance to write down what we thought about the topic individually (with the help of guide questions), after we finished writing we got together as a couple and discussed what we thought about the topic. It is a wonderful set up that allows you to be completely honest and open with our fiance.
To say the least, we really enjoyed our weekend away from wedding planning and the stresses of life...and we were able to work on strengthening our own relationship.

No comments: