Monday, October 8, 2012

Yarn Wreath with Rosettes

I am obsessed with wreaths, like I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to them. BUT this is the first time I have made one, and I must admit I am hooked. You will be seeing a lot more wreaths in the near future ;)

This wreath is super easy. You will need foam wreath, yarn, felt, scissors, pins, thread and needle. 

Take foam wreath (mine is from hobby lobby) & yarn AND start wrapping.

AND wrap some more

And then keep on wrappen...

Once I was finished I decided to go another round. I wrapped about every inch to add a little more detail.
 


Finally Finished!!! 


Rosettes 
(a.k.a. the easiest things you have every crafted)

Find something in your house circular (lid, bowl, cup), trace it, and cut it out.

 Then make a spiral cut...
 

Next roll the rosette. Start with the outer section and roll inward. 
Then flip over and sew a "cross", so it will stay together. 
 
After you have made the rosettes you can pin (or hot glue them to wreath).

The finished product! Happy Fall.

No comments: