One night last week I was craving chocolate chips cookies. So I began the process of making them. Since I had made them a couple of weeks earlier for tailgating, I assumed I had all the ingredients. Well...half way through making them I realized I was COMPLETELY out of brown sugar. SO what do you do when you are out of sugar?? Run to the store at 9 o'clock at night, call the in-laws...HECK NO. I just "googled" cookies without brown sugar and this is what I found. I found out that you could use HONEY!! And let me tell you they were AWESOME. I might just use HONEY from now on!! They were even hubster approved.
Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, honey and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
![]() |
| Batter after everything was mixed together. It still tasted awesome! |
![]() |
| Before baking... |
![]() | ||||||||||||||
After I pulled them out of the oven!
|




No comments:
Post a Comment