Monday, June 11, 2012

Flowers

I finally got around to making a flower garden....about a month ago.
It was hard work AND I did most of it by myself.
I dug up all the grass and tilled the dirt....Corey helped a little

Then I got out the garden soil and spread it out in the bed.
 Then I laid out the flowers, to see how I wanted to arrange them. 

 Then Corey dug the holes and I planted them! We planted double knockout roses and vincas.

 Kitty supervised!
All the hard work gave me blisters and dirty fingers

 Unfortunately my roses are dying. BUT I don't think it is my fault. A couple of months back Corey and his brother sprayed a pretty powerful weed killer under my porch and it think its affecting my roses.
Good news we don't have any weeds under our porch.
Bad news my roses are dying...and fast :(



No comments: