Saturday, December 14, 2013

4 month update

HOLLA I am only 9 days late this month...that's a crazy improvement over the last two months.

Let's just get a real for a moment. This mommahood stuff is hard. Up until this month I felt like being a momma was my jam. Like I felt good at it, I didn't get overwhelmed often, and I was proud of the momma I was being to Camden. BUT this month was a misstep. I just felt two steps behind in everything. I had MAJOR mommy guilt about leaving him and going to work everyday. I feel like he is not getting all the time and attention he needs because I am not with him 24 hours a day (and lets face it, I think all mommas feel like they are the only ones who are the best for their baby). I LOVE our daycare but she is not me. I hate not being able to breastfeed him. Camden was sleeping through the night like a champ but in the past week or so Camden has been waking up around 1 o'clock in the morning and SCREAMING until about 2ish. Also my house has fallen so far behind: like laundry up to my eyeballs, a never ending stream of dirty dishes, lesson plans that need to be written. dinners that need to be cooked, a grocery list that needs to be bought, and a husband that needs more attention. But then their is this baby I love more than life itself and a husband who supports and loves my everyday....and I take REALLY deep breath a realize everything will be OK.



Eyes/ Hair:
Camden's eyes are blue, I love my blue eyed boy! His hair is blond but sometimes looks red in the sunlight. Still has most of his hair, Camden has only lost in little bit of hair in the back of his head. No major changes in this department

Height/Height:
At our 4 month checkup Camden weighed 17 lbs (86 percentile) and was 25 inches long (50 percentile) .
Sizes:
Camden wears mostly 6 months now, and some 9 months. We are size 3 diapers.

Routine:
We are finally getting into the routine of things: wake up 5am, feed baby, get dressed, eat breakfast, and give baby to daddy.Daddy takes Camden to daycare and then picks him up after work. I usually get home between 4:15-5 depending on what time I leave school. Then feed Camden and try to feed Corey and I something decent. Bath time by 7 and in bed by 8. Then we wake it up and do it all over again.
Camden is eating 6 ounces about every 4 hours and takes one short nap in the morning and then one longer nap after lunch.


Sleeping:
Camden is still sleeping in his pack-n-play next to our bed and is usually sleeping for about 4-6 hours at a time. Most nights Camden still is getting up once (usually between 3-4 am) , BUT we have had a couple of 9+ hours of continually sleeping. It was Amazeballs!
Eating
Camden is eating formula and we recently started giving him a taste of rice cereal and mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving! Our ped said to just to give him taste of things we are eating as long as they are the consistency of stage one food but don't make a meal out of them yet. So far so good.

Milestones/ Things to Remember:
Camden had this first REAL laugh this month and I was so jelly because Corey got the first one out of him. Standing on legs with support from us. Can hold on to toys, he loves his Sophie. Sit will little assistance. 
This Month's First:
Thanksgiving
Long Road Trip- 4 Hours
Christmas Tree Picking
CHRISTMAS SEASON

No comments: