Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mexi-Mac

This post is all about comfort food! Mexi-Mac is a recipe that I got from one of my college roommates. It is really good, and CHEAP (something every college student loves). It is kind of like Hamburger Helper but homemade and better. It is a staple in our recipe line up. AND it's something I LOVE to eat when I am feeling a little down or when I need something quick to make.

You will need:
1 pound of hamburger meat
1 can of Rotel
1 packet of taco seasoning. 
1 box of macaroni noodles
1 bag of Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
I stick of butter

Begin by browning meat.


And bringing your water to boil. Once your water boils add a WHOLE box of macaroni noodles. 


Once your meat is browned, add one can of Rotel and one packet of taco seasoning.
Mix all together and bring to a simmer.


This is were Darcy sits when I am cooking, she is hoping that I drop something good!


Once your noodles are done, drain the water and place them back in a large pot.


Add your butter. I added about 4 tablespoons (just four large chunks).


Then add your shredded cheese. This is all about how cheesy YOU want it. I usually add about 3-4 cups.


YUMMY. Look at the cheesy goodness!!


Next add your meat to the "macaroni and cheese"


Ta-Da your done!! Now just eat and ENJOY!




Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe! 
Now I am going to watch the Olympics (which I am totally obsessed with. Its has been on 24/7 at our house!!)

No comments: