Monday, July 16, 2012

Fourth of July Cake

Only two weeks late. I am not on top of this bloggy blog lately. But I have a few awesome recipes I want to share and one of them is a 4th of July Cake!! I super easy and I got rave reviews from everything who ate it!!

First begin with two Vanilla cake mixes (mine were from a box). I put both cake mixes in my stand mixer. Then I divided it in to three separate bowls. The first bowl had four cups of white cake mix. The second bowl had two cups. And the third bowl had two cups.

*Prepare four cake pans and place parchment paper at the bottom all of pans. Preheat oven.

The first bowl (4 cups) is going to be your red layers. Once you have colored your white cake mix with red food coloring, divide it into two separate cake pans.


Then add blue dye to ONE of the two remaining bowls (both should have about two cups of white cake mix in them.) Then pour into one cake pan.


 Now you are left with one bowl of white cake mix. Pour the remaining two cups into a cake pan.


However you get there you should end up with this. Two red cakes, one blue cake, and one white cake.

 

Let your cake cool COMPLETELY.  If you don't let you cakes cool completely they will fall apart, you wont be able to cut them in half or cut circles out of them.

 

1. Cut both red cakes in half horizontally. You will have four red layers.
2. Then cut your white cake in half horizontally. You will have two white layers
3. Cut a 4 inch circle out of one red layer and one white layer.


Now you have three red layers, one white layer, one 4 inch red circle, and one 4 inch white circle.

Next you are going to cut a 4 inch circle out of the middle of the blue cake.


Now it is time to assemble. 

1 thick layer of blue, with the center cut out
2- 8″ layers of red
1- 4″ layer of red
1- 8″ layer of white
1- 4″ layer of white


Assemble cake with a thin layer of frosting between each layer of cake, starting on the bottom with red cake, then white, then red, then blue. Add some frosting along the inside “ring” of the blue cake to hold in the next two layer which will fit inside the opening. Fill the hole in the blue cake with a 4″ round layer of with cake, some frosting, then the 4″ round of red.



Then frost your cake. I used cream cheese frosting.




 YAY the inside is the best part and the reaction when you cut it is worth a thousand words!!
Hope Y'all Had a Fabulous Fourth!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my sister is so talented.