Tonight I made a variation of red beans and rice... I used black beans instead.
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1 small onion
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 lb of smoked sausage
1 teaspoon of Creole seasoning
1 can of black beans
1 can of Rotel
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of water
Directions:
1. In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; saute in skillet until the onions are soft
3. Add sausage and Creole seasoning
4. Once sausage is slightly brown, add Rotel and black beans.
5. Once combined pour the chicken broth and water into the same measuring cup.
6. Add ONLY 1 cup of broth and water mixture to the skillet ALSO add the rice.
7. One combined bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook until rice is cooked through and mixture is thickened slightly. You will need the other cup of broth and water mixture while cooking the rice. Mine got really dry about 7 minutes after adding the rice, so I added the rest of the broth mixture and cooked it for about 8 more minutes!
Ours was amazing, I will be making this regularly!!
Happy Cooking!!
1 comment:
you're making that next time i come over.
Post a Comment